Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Christiania Trip

Yesterday I ventured down to the island of Christianshavn and took a little stroll through Christiania, a hippie community built from old army barracks. This is probably my favorite place I've seen in the city and is bustling with all sorts of interesting activity. Despite thick clouds of pot smoke drifting through the wind, many a mother is to be seen pushing her infant in a stroller. Later, I met Valdemar for a beer in the park and then Stephanie, an old exchange student to my high school. I hadn't seen her in 5 years, but she didn't look too much different. I left the city at almost 1 in the morning and biked through the pitch black night arriving home at 2. I will be moving into the kollegium on Sunday but might just stay in the city for the day or two before then as my train pass is running out. I have been here a week and it already feels longer. It will be strange when the other exchange students arrived. They missed out on some good summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment