Friday, November 6, 2009

Rooster Dykes in Österreich

Yesterday, we all got on a bus to Vienna and checked into the hostel no problem. We headed to the national opera where we got tickets to see Macbeth for only three euros, which was a pretty sweet deal. The tram cars are fun to ride and there is a pizza/falafel stand at nearly every stop.

I was the only one in my hostel room when I checked in, but 5 minutes later a street punk named Gregor comes in. He explains that he usually lives on the street but has the hostel because it is too cold outside. Upon returning from the opera, I run into him in the elevator where he is plainly propositioning every female hostel guest for sex. I do not intervene, it's far too funny.

I go back down to the hostel's bar to plan out tickets to Prague and discuss travel plans with the group for the next day. There are two skinny white girls dancing with each other and soon they start making out for a solid chunk of time. The bar tender is walking by our table when he shatters a huge beer glass over everyone. In the morning, I run into a gaggle of Australians in the elevator, who were actually quite entertaining.

Playlist:

The Who - Summertime Blues
Reel Big Fish - Somebody Hates Me
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication

No comments:

Post a Comment