Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thank You Please (pyungyang)

Wercome to my blog, it delicate flower.

What a week! I am unpacking and re-settling back in warm and sunny København. Things are going pretty smoothly and the past week of school trips was pretty cool. It involved a tour (via bus) of Brussels (one week) and the Hague/Amsterdam (for a day each). Obviously, there was far too much blog worthy shit to type in here (and I forgot a lot) so I will just give you some highlights.

Sunday

Depart by bus at 9:00 for Brussels, kill a whole bottle of gin with homeboy Alex on the way there. Walk around Brussel's red light district where we are staying at a Chinese-themed hotel.

Monday

Tour a chocolate place. Meet up with the other section at the hotel. Arab guys try to sell me a piece of hash for 50 euros on the street. I had to politely decline. Go to the bars and spleef it in Grand Place.

Tuesday

Toured a brewery. The class left without us so we asked the Chinese concierge to give us directions, then took the metro and arrived 10 minutes before the rest of the class. Drink with Tom later in the night. Homesickness hits me and I break down and buy a Carlsberg at a kiosk. Tom, Alex and I see a Belgian college initiation in the Grand Place. A girl from said hazing comes over to us dressed like Luigi from Super Mario Bros. and tries to sell us a lighter for 2 euro. I talk German to some hot German girls also touring the EU like us. They are 17.

Wednesday

You know how Chinese people sometimes use please the wrong way, just to be polite. For example: thank you please. I guess it's because in Chinese you can just use please like that. The hotel we were at was serving lo mein for breakfast. I was lagging in the breakfast line and a short little Chinese lady comes up to me and starts hurrying me along. Thinking that I speak French, the woman says to me "merci sil vous plait,merci sil vous plait." Translation: thank you please.

Thursday

Both sections go to NATO to check it out. Pretty drab building and dull atmosphere. One funny thing about the place, there are signs everywhere that say "No Classified Conversations in This Area." We drive to the Hague which takes only 2 hours. Later in the night, I ate dinner with my class sitting next to our professor, Jacob. We drink some beers and after dinner I hit the coffeeshop with Alex. We went to a local Hague bar then smoked another doob at a canal.

Friday

Our class goes to see a trial at the ICTY, then we spend the rest of the day in Amsterdam. I hit up a canal-side bar and a coffeeshop. I eat a spacecake and drink two Heinekens before the bus ride back to Copenhagen. Alex and I cruise the alleys of the red light district scoping out the sexiest whores.

Saturday

Arrive at 8:00, bike home in the rain carrying my luggage. Sleep until noon then go grocery shopping. Drop 200 kr on only a few items (Denmark prices) and return my cans at the machine. Go out with Tom and Ellen to the Denmark vs. Sweden game and drink heavily. After a week in Brussels, alcohol has no effect on me. Denmark wins the game and the streets get flooded by thousands of people. Hop a train back to the center (still no metro pass) and then head to Christiania. Chill for a bit then come home, make a pita in the kitchen, then lock my keys in the kitchen only to be rescued by my next-door neighbor.

Sunday

Making dubstep tracks... http://www.myspace.com/doominati
also read up for my Kierkegaard class.



Playlist for the week

Rusko - Pro Nails remix, Jahova
DJ Antoine - Work That Pussy
Bob Marley - Riding High & Trenchtown Rock
DJ JS-1
DJ JSL
Mos Def - pretty much everything

and of course,
ILLDØØMINATI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment